Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Superman 8: The Homefront

Today at lunch a coworker was talking about a documentary he saw on the History Channel called "The Corporation". It was about how corporations are becoming ridiculously powerful, and he said he doesn't trust any corporations anymore. I thought it was time to lighten the mood.

"I myself can't wait until the confrontation between the corporations and Superman."

One coworker could barely control his laughter, but the rest were silent. About a minute later...

"Well, I totally killed that conversation."

Silence...

"Hey, is that a turkey sandwich?"

"No, it's chicken."

"Ah.... you don't see sliced chicken that often."

"No, you don't."

Silence...

2 comments:

Klondike said...

I sent out a text message to like all of my friends in my address book (including someone with a land line, I hope he got it somehow)...it was something like:
"Breaking off an engagement is one of the hardest things anyone can go through. But fortunately, this time around, I have He-Man on my side."

I got a lot of confused responses.

Unknown said...

I think I got that text message. I was even more confused because I didn't have your number in my phone.