Thursday, January 18, 2007

3rd Degree Excitement

All this week I've been going back and forth with the customer support rep of a 3rd-party software tool we use at work, trying to get it to work right. Basically, every other time I (or my coworkers) would try to run the project we're building, it would crash. Very frustrating. We finally get it working. The rep's response to my half-facetious reply almost killed me [emphasis added]:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original message sent on 01/18/2007 at 14:56:38 by @.com:

Thanks Allen! I'm very excited to be able to compile without random
crashes!

-Ed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original message sent on 01/18/2007 at 15:17:00 by Allen Smith:

Hi Ed,

Thank you for sharing your excitement with me.

Even I am also excited to be able to bring the smile on your face. Should I consider the issue resolved or you need any further assistance from my side?

Sincerely,
Allen Smith

No comments: