Friday, May 11, 2007

What Not To Do In Life: Rule 1

Yesterday Annie and I were driving home from playing a little softball with some of our teammates. She wanted some beer (Blue Moon, specifically), so we kept our eyes peeled for a liquor store. On Mystic Ave, she spots the Atlas Liquors. I'm driving around 40MPH, and Atlas is coming up really fast, so (after checking my mirrors) I hit the breaks hard. I then see that the curb ends much farther up that I thought it did, but it is somewhat rounded. So I cut in, bounce over the curb, brakes squealling, and pull right into a parking spot perfectly.

Annie looks over at me with this embarrassed look. I say "What?", then I notice three people inside the store staring out at us... and one of them's a cop! Annie refuses to go in, she's so embarrassed by my entrance. I take another glance, and the people are still staring. So I do what any redblooded American would do; I threw the car in reverse, and very carefully left the scene.

No comments: