Friday, March 03, 2006

Oops

I turned off the surge protector in my room over Christmas vacation so I wouldn't waste electricity. This caused the CMOS battery to drain, and I had to reset all of my BIOS. I'd done some moderate overclocking before for about a 5-10% gain, so I wanted to reinstitute that.

I set it all up, but then my computer would crash after about 1 minute of running any game. I was flipping out, changing all sorts of settings. It finally dawned on me that I had acccidentally set my FSB speed about twice of its maximum speed. Oops.

That's not really that funny, but it drove me nuts. I was swearing and throwing stuff everywhere. I'm glad I didn't break anything.

1 comment:

Klondike said...

You are correct when you say that smashing open the sentimental piggy banks and teddy bears of one's youth over the doubling of a computer processor's frontside bus speed is a funny thing. It is a hilarious thing!