Friday, March 23, 2007

On the Subject of Colors

Ben and I discussed shirts yesterday. Specifically, pink shirts. I said how I own two and wear them relatively frequently. I told him that ladies like it when men wear pink shirts because "it shows that he's comfortable with his masculinity."

Fast forward to this morning, when I put on a pink shirt for work. I mentioned that I had a conversation about pink shirts to Annie, and said something like "I told Ben that the ladies like pink shirts on men." She then says "Well, it shows that's he's comfortable with his masculinity." Word for word, what I had told Ben.

I was pretty stoked. I had my finger perfectly on the pulse of women (well, at least the one woman who matters to me). Then, on the subway, I had a stark realization: I'd been brainwashed! The game is afoot! Once more, we play our dangerous game, a game of chess, against our old adversery, women. Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war! Engage!

Edit: Man, this post blows. Sorry guys. I'll see what I can do later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's okay, defending pinks and pastels will be easier when the 80s come back in style yet again around 2009.