Monday, March 26, 2007

Skillful Maneuvering

This morning Annie made me breakfast, so she was already up a few points. I asked her what the temperature was like outside, and she said she didn't know. She looked out the window...

Annie: I see a girl out there wearing a light jacket, so it can't be that bad.
Ed: Ok, no jacket for me then.
Annie: Well, she might just be wearing it to look cute.
Ed: Oh... is it working?
Annie: Yeah.

Then, as conspicuously as I could, I leaned over and looked out the window. Annie didn't notice! I was trying to be funny but she missed it! Then, like five minutes later, she's two rooms over, and I hear "HEY!"

2 comments:

Klondike said...

WHY ISN'T THIS A FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE COMIC

Unknown said...

Eric M.: and I've commented, Ed
Marcus F.: ouch
Marcus F.: that's a burn
Eric M.: Hehehe
Eric M.: It felt just like it, though!
Eric M.: I didn't mean it as a burn
Marcus F.: Comparing my life to "For Better or For Worse" is a burn